Which one works better? by Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Tammy Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Weight Watchers, Nutrisystem or Jenny Craig?
Best Answer by Haphran
Well, I don’t have any experience with Jenny Craig or Nutri-system, so I can’t really comment on those. I am currently doing WW and have had pretty good success so far. It’s been about 13 weeks and I am down around 21 lbs. My wife lost 50 lbs in 6 months and has kept it off over 2 years now. Here are some things that I like about WW
1. There is no special foods that you have to eat. You can calculate WW point values for anything that has a nutrition label on it. WW does offer a line of products which many people think you have to eat but you don’t.
2. There is no food that is off limits. WW stresses the importance of a healthy diet including fruits & veggies, but also understands that in the real world people are always exposed to situations that healthy choices may not be readily available (holiday dinners, birthdays, night out with friends…). As long as you are within your points you are good.
3. The cost is not as bad as many would have you believe. It averages out to about $10/week. Once you reach your goal weight you become a lifetime member (which is free) as long as you maintain the loss. I saved well over $10 a week just by changing my eating habits so I actually came out ahead here.
4. It’s alot easier counting points than it is calories and eventually you will memorize points for the things that you eat on a daily basis.
5. I don’t think of WW as a diet. This is the way that I am supposed to be eating, and this is the way that I will eat for the rest of my life. There is no ‘being done’.
Someone above mentioned Atkins which I tried several years ago. It was pretty easy at first and I had pretty good success with it, but there was just no way I could remain on such a restrictive diet.
I often here people say about Weight Watcher ‘what kind of diet would let you eat pizza?’ (or what ever). My response is ‘a realistic one’. One that does not set you up for failure by making you feel guilty about eating a piece of pizza or other foods that you love. You can eat anything you want in moderation. Good luck in whatever you choose!
Click here to return to the Health & Diet Questions Index